Saturday 7 May 2011

Family



Velvet Verbosity's 100 Word Challenge - FAMILY

The nurse asked if there was any family she should contact. She said a familiar face would help. I thought for a second. There were five people I could have suggested. My first wife, but she had left me for the gardener. Or my second, but she had left me for my younger brother. Perhaps my third, but she had left me without saying why. Probably not my fourth – she had left me for my third. And my fifth had left me at the altar. I shook my head and told the nurse there was no-one she needed to call.

7 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! laughed out loud at this and I am in PUBLIC!!! Thank you for sharing this. Well written taradiddle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As it goes, eh?! Well played!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And his life did flash before his eyes. Ha, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope this wasn't autobiographical. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if the women found this funnier than the men.

    ReplyDelete