Friday, 4 November 2011

Trifecta


The briefest perusal of this website will quickly confirm that its owner is far from prolific. 8 posts in the 7 months since its inception is not a good return. Indeed, a closer inspection of the site reveals that not only am I not prolific, I lack imagination, relying solely as I do, on the prompts of the delightful Velvet Verbosity.

And yet despite these damning statistics, I have the gall to present Trifecta, a brand new writing challenge where I ask you to do something I haven't been able to do myself: participate in a weekly writing challenge. But someone who has absolutely every right to ask you to participate is Lisa Harvey, my co-conspirator. She writes at Seeking Elevation and is prolific, imaginative and quite brilliant. And together, we've created Trifecta.

So what is Trifecta? It's a writing challenge where every Tuesday, starting on November 15th, we give you a word and ask you to check its third definition in Merriam Webster's online dictionary. Then, in no less than 33 words and in no more than 333, you write a creative response using the given word. You submit your work of art via the link on our home page and every week we choose the best submission and post that entry on the site.

It's that simple.

So simple, you might say, that even I could do it.


2 comments:

  1. yes, yes you could. :)

    and I am looking forward to the 15th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave, your writing is coolio! I hope I can post this without starting a blog. I really don't want to start a blog. Anyway I'm going to mail you and Sarah with an idea about a Christmas Creative Writing Convention based on Trifecta!

    ReplyDelete